Century Brass quintet
The Century Brass quintet is a traditional brass quintet with five musicians playing a mixture of brass instruments including two trumpets, a French horn, a trombone, and a tuba. Depending on the particular song, the trumpet players may play cornets or trumpets or piccolo trumpets. Some songs and styles also demand a different bass instrument so our low end may be either a tuba or a bass trombone.
Music from many historical periods and musical styles is represented in the repertoire of the Century Brass quintet.
- Music from brass bands of the 1850s through the 1880s
- Rags by Scott Joplin
- Dixieland jazz
- American marches by John Philip Sousa and others
- Rennaissance dances
- Baroque music by Johan Sebastian Bach, Henry Purcell, Johann Pezel, Samuel Scheidt, Giovanni Gabrieli, etc.
- Operatic arrangements by Giuseppi Verdi, George Frederic Handel, etc.
- Orchestral transcriptions by Peter Tchaikovsky, Modeste Mussorgski, Edvard Grieg, Igor Stravinsky, Gustav Holst , etc.
- modern brass quintet pieces by Viktor Ewald, Arthur Frackenpohl, Malcolm Arnold, Robert Nagel, etc.
- Christmas music
- and many more
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries or to schedule Century Brass for your next event.
Look for Century Brass on facebook at facebook.com/CenturyBrass
Please sign-up for our mailing list to learn about future performances.